Saturday, October 26, 2013

UDI Sketch Challenge 264

Happy Saturday! It's time for another sketch challenge on the UDI blog. This will be the last one until the new year. We'll be taking a break to spend more time with family this holiday season. I'll still be posting, so come back and visit! :) 

Here is today's sketch.

Here is the card I created.






















The image is retired, but it's the first time it's seen ink.  So sad.  I absolutely love this!  I tried my hand at water coloring with an aquapainter for the first time, too.  I have no idea what I was waiting for all this time.  :)

This card will be going to a friend's daughter who had her first baby.  The finished size is 5x5.  All the edges except the watercolor paper have been sponged.  The largest panel was adhered to the base with dimensionals.  I just had to add some bling on the portholes.  I used Smoky Slate to create the shadow around the image. 

Click on over to the UDI blog to see what the rest of the design team created for you.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Two by Two(retired).  Ink- Soft Suede, Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Elegant Eggplant, Smoky Slate. Paper- Watercolor paper, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake. Accessories- Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, aquapainter, Very Vanilla seam binding, Basic Jewels rhinestones, sponge dauber.
 
Bookmark and Share
Pin It

2 comments:

RuthieB said...

Sooo precious! Your friend will love this! You did a wonderful job on the watercoloring!

Tammy Fite said...

Love, love, love your coloring! What a great card!