Saturday, March 16, 2013

UDI Sketch Challenge 232

UDISC232 Mar 16Happy Saturday! This past week flew by...especially for my kiddos. They had a really early Spring Break this year. To top it off, it was 37 degrees here yesterday morning. Crazy! No worries, though. It made it up to 73 yesterday, and the highs will be in the 80s this weekend. LOL Now for your regularly scheduled programming. :) Here is today's sketch. 

I used it to make a birthday card for a co-worker.  I hope she likes it.  

 

























The card base is Melon Mambo layered with Basic Black.  The background piece is Whisper White.  I ran my Melon Mambo ink pad over the Stripes embossing folder before running it through the Big Shot.  The sentiment is from Curly Cute.  I stamped the Basic Label image in Basic Black and then colored in the outline with Melon Mambo.  I used the Apothecary Accents framelit to cut it.  The Basic Black layer is a rectangle and 2 1" Circle punches.  I flattened a small Soda Pop top in the Big Shot and added a 1/2" Basic Black Circle punch  to the center.  My butterfly was cut with the Beautiful Wings embosslit.  Rhinestones add a touch of bling to its body.  I adhered the sentiment panel to the card with dimensionals. 

To see what the other designers created, take a peek at the UDI blog.  

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Basic Label, Curly Cute.  Ink- Basic Black, Melon Mambo.  Paper- Whisper White, Basic Black, Melon Mambo.  Accessories- Big Shot, Stripes embossing folder, Apothecary Accents framelit, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Soda Pop top, Rhinestones, 1" and 1/2" Circle punches, dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting!
 
Bookmark and Share
Pin It

2 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

Love the stripes, and your colors! Great card!

RuthieB said...

This is wonderful!!! I love the stripes!!!!!