Thursday, October 11, 2012

UDI Inspiration Challenge 154

Good Thursday morning, stampin' friends! I joined the UDI Inspiration Challenge design team, and the challenges are posted every Thursday. I hope you'll join us! Here is today's picture. It's a gorgeous Fall scene.  Here in central Florida, I can't say I actually see anything like this.  LOL

The first thing I thought of when I saw the picture was Lovely as a Tree.  That was too easy, so I decided to go a different direction.  I took my inspiration from the colors of the center tree.   I used Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie re-inkers along with Champagne shimmer paint and some rubbing alcohol to create this beautiful polished stone background on Glossy White paper.  I matted it on to a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock.  The card base is Naturals White.  The sentiment from Trust God was stamped on Naturals White in Chocolate Chip.  I thought it was perfect for today's picture!  I die-cut it with an Apothecary Accents framelit and sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink.  I punched holes in each end and ran a piece of Cherry Cobbler seam binding through them.  I added 2 pearls for the finishing touch.  

To see what the other designers created for you, head on over to the UDI blog.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Trust God.  Ink-  Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie re-inkers, Chocolate Chip.  Paper- Naturals White, Chocolate Chip, Glossy White.  Accessories- Big Shot, Apothecary Accents framelit, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, Basic Jewels Pearls, Champagne shimmer paint, sponge dauber, rubbing alcohol, cotton ball.

Thanks for visiting!
 
Bookmark and Share
Pin It

 

1 comment:

Jill said...

Love your card Elizabeth. Love the technique!!!