Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Sketch Challenge 202

Happy Saturday! It's time for another sketch challenge on the UDI blog!   Here is today's sketch! 

My card is a special one today.  My baby (my daughter, Lauren) starts her freshman year of high school on Tuesday.  This is for her.  I just want her to know that I am so very proud of the brilliant, beautiful person she has become even when we're butting heads on a daily basis.  :)



Her school colors are black and green, so I used Lucky Limeade, Basic Black and Very Vanilla as my color scheme.  The DSP is from the Festival of Prints pack in the Holiday catalog.  The sentiment is from Word Play and is stamped in Jet Black Stazon.  The largest part of the flower is the new 1 1/4" Scallop Circle punch also in the Holiday catalog.  The 2 smaller flowers are from the Boho Blossom punch.  I crumpled all the pieces up and then pulled the card stock apart on the scallop circle for even more texture.  I attached them together with a Basic Black brad, and then attached the flower to the banner with mini glue dots.

You can see what the other designers created over on the UDI blog.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Word Play.  Ink- Jet Black Stazon.  Paper- Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Lucky Limeade, Festival of Prints DSP.  Accessories-  1 1/4" Scallop Circle punch, Boho Blossom punch, Basic Black brad, mini glue dots.

Thanks for visiting!
 
Bookmark and Share
Pin It

3 comments:

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous! Love the color combo!

Thanks for stepping up and taking care of everything! You're the best!

Frenchie said...

BEAUITIFUL ,nice job !! I love flowers and ribbons, remember at Reginols we were trying to make bows. I'm
Frenchie from Plant City , Fl . We meet that day ?
But any way you inspire me !!
Good luck to your Daughter , it was the best times of our life's High School ....
Frenchie .

Latenightstamper said...

I hope you will play along with us, It's going to be fun to see who wins that $150 in stampin up merchandise. Thanks for being a late night stamper!
Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com