Monday, July 2, 2012

Stamp to the MAX Blog Hop

Welcome to our Stamp to the MAX blog hop! We hope you are inspired by our projects using products from the 2012-13 Annual Catalog. You may have arrived from Edie Bunting's blog, you may be a regular reader :), or maybe you just stumbled here by accident! However, you found me, I'm glad you're here! I am stop #6 on the blog hop. (The blog hop officially starts at 8 am ET, so if all the links aren't working, try again then!) 

For my project, I created a stationery portfolio inspired by page 147 of the catalog and Linda Heller at www.stampingschool.com. The only 12x12 card stock I have is Bashful Blue, so that's what I had to work with for the portfolio. Comfort Cafe was my choice for DSP. The matching color listed in the catalog is Pool Party, but I think the Bashful Blue works fine, too. :) 

Here's a look at the outside.  I used the new  Oval Accent Bigz clear die for the main focal piece.  I stamped 2 of the images from Reason to Smile (available in July for just $5 with a $50 purchase!) in Bashful Blue ink and then sponged the edges.  The sentiment is from the new set, Trust God, and is stamped in Midnight Muse, a new In Color.  It's attached to the cover with dimensionals.  The strip underneath consists of a piece of Summer Starfruit, another new In Color, run through the Big Shot with one of the Finishing Touches edgelits, another new product, topped with a strip of Comfort Cafe DSP and a piece of Very Vanilla seam binding.



The inside is a piece of Comfort Cafe DSP.  The pockets are Bashful Blue and Summer Starfruit.  They're also stamped with an image from Reason to Smile.  


 


Here's a picture of the portfolio with the notes and envelopes.

Here's a picture of just the notes.  I cut 2 pieces of Very Vanilla into quarters and adhered a strip of Comfort Cafe DSP to the top.  Then I drew a line with my Midnight Muse marker for more of a division between the DSP and the card stock.

I hope you enjoyed my stop on the hop. Next up is Martha Haddock.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Trust God, Reason to Smile.  Ink- Bashful Blue, Midnight Muse.  Paper- Very Vanilla, Bashful Blue, Summer Starfruit, Comfort Cafe DSP.  Accessories- Big Shot, Oval Accent die, Finishing Touches edgelit, Very Vanilla seam binding, sponge dauber, dimensionals, sticky strip.

Thanks for visiting!
 
Bookmark and Share
Pin It

No comments: