Saturday, April 7, 2012

UDI Sketch Challenge and a Special Occasion

Happy Saturday!  Not only is it time for another UDI Sketch Challenge, but today is my baby girl's 14th birthday!  :)  I can't believe how fast time has flown!  It seems like just yesterday I was bringing her home from the hospital!

Anyway, before I get all mushy, I better show you what I made for her using today's sketch. First, here is the sketch.  I actually used the sketch just as it was.  I did change the butterfly to a circle, though.  ;)

Here is Lauren's birthday card.  The base is Naturals White card stock followed by a layer of Island Indigo.  That is topped with Daffodil Delight, Summer Smooches DSP and a strip of Island Indigo.  The sentiment is stamped in Island Indigo on a strip of Naturals White that I flagged with a square punch.  The image is from Easy Events.  I stamped it on Naturals White and colored it, then I added some bling. What girl doesn't like bling, right?  :)  Dazzling Diamonds cover the frosting, and the cake stand is painted with Illuminate Top Coat.  You can't really see it in the picture.  It's punched out with the 1 3/4" Circle punched and adhered to a 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch.  It's adhered to the card with dimensionals.  











I also made a Petite Purse to hold her birthday gift...money.   I love this new die!  The base is Island Indigo topped with a piece of Summer Smooches.  I added some gel pen stitching along with a Boho Blossom punch flower and a Brights Button.  The handle is attached with silver brads.  

You can see all the design team creations at the UDI blog.  Enjoy your Easter/Passover weekend!

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Curly Cute, Easy Events.  Ink- Jet Black Stazon, Island Indigo, Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Daffodil Delight.  Paper- Naturals White, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Summer Smooches DSP.  Accessories-  Big Shot, Petite Purse die, Boho Blossom punch, 1 3/4" Circle punch, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, 3/4" Square punch, Brights button, Dazzling Diamonds, Illuminate Top Coat, Silver brads, 2-way glue pen, dimensionals, glue dots.

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share
Pin It

3 comments:

Barbara Dykhouse said...

Oh, Elizabeth, what an adorable set you made! I guess we are all enjoying our Summer Smooches, aren't we? And please wish your daughter a happy birthday from me!

Tammy said...

This is so pretty!! Your daughter will love it!!

RuthieB said...

This is precious!!! I love how the three of us all used the same DSP but our cards are all so different!