Saturday, February 18, 2012

UDI Sketch Challenge #176

Happy Saturday!  Here's today's sketch for the UDI Sketch Challenge.  I hope you like what I created with it!

I used Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler and Twitterpated DSP.  I sponged all the Very Vanilla pieces with Crumb Cake ink.  The Cherry Cobbler background piece was run through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder to mimic the dots on the DSP.  The sentiment from Word Play was stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink.  I didn't like the way it looked on the rectangle, so I whipped out my Labels Framelits.  I used the 2nd smallest label to make the decorative piece. I slipped just the end of the card stock under the framelit.  The rest of the card stock was on top.  I cranked it through the Big Shot just a bit so the card stock on top of the label wouldn't be creased.  Does that make sense?  LOL  I added some of the large Basic Pearls to the corners and adhered the entire piece to the card with dimensionals.

What do you think?  Let me know, then head on over to the UDI blog to see what everyone else created for you.  

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Word Play.  Ink- Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake.  Paper- Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Twitterpated DSP.  Accessories-  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Labels Framelits, Scallop Trim border punch, Basic Pearls, dimensionals, sponge. 

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share
Pin It

3 comments:

Adriana Benitez said...

Very pretty! The darker background layer really gives a nice feel to this DSP. I think I've only seen it used with the lighter colors, but I really like the way you used it. Cool trick with the framelits, too! TFS!

RuthieB said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!! That is beautiful!! I have not been a fan of that particular pattern but the Cherry Cobbler paired with it makes it pop!!!!

Barbara Dykhouse said...

I love the combination of Cherry Cobbler with this DSP. What a beautiful combination! Thanks for sharing your trick on altering the framelits.