Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!  It's time for sketchy fun on the UDI blog!  This month's sketches are brought to you by yours truly!  There really is inspiration everywhere!  I drew this month's sketches (in MDS!  You can try it FREE for 30 days!) from a stack of coupons that I found in my mailbox one day.  Really!  They were from Hardee's. (It's a fast-food burger joint.) LOL  Anyway, here is today's sketch. 

It would have been soooo easy to make a Valentine's Day card (which is what I intended when I put the heart on the sketch), but today is my BIL's 40th birthday.  Guess what I made instead!  :)  Yep, a birthday card.  Here it is. 

I started with my package of Well Worn DSP.  Once I settled on the piece I wanted, I chose my color palette.  The card base is Early Espresso.  The next layer is Naturals White which was run through the Big Shot in the Stripes embossing folder and then sponged with Early Espresso ink.  The Well Worn DSP was adhered directly to that layer.  The sentiment was stamped in Early Espresso on Naturals White, punched out with the Wide Oval punch and then sponged, too.  It was adhered to an Early Espresso label die-cut from the Lots of Tags sizzlit.  It was adhered to the card with dimensionals.  It's pretty simple, but I really like the finished card.  

Head on over to the UDI blog to see all of the team's creations.  You can follow the links there to all the blogs for details. 

Enjoy your weekend!  It's going to be a busy one here!  

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Perfect Punches.  Ink- Early Espresso.  Paper- Naturals White, Early Espresso, Well Worn DSP.  Accessories- Big Shot, Stripes embossing folder, Lots of Tags sizzlit, sponge, dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share
Pin It

2 comments:

Adriana Benitez said...

Very nice looking birthday card. Love the dsp you chose and it looks great with that sentiment. TFS and TF a great sketch!

RuthieB said...

Awesome! I love how you tinted the stripes so it toned down the cardstock to match the DSP!