Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!  It's time for another sketch challenge on the UDI blog.  Tammy gave us another great sketch to work with today.  I was all ready to make a Valentine card, but then I changed my mind.  LOL  I decided to go with an all-occasion card instead.  Here's the sketch.  See...Valentine's Day.  :) 

I decided to use butterflies instead of hearts and could only fit 3 instead of 4.  I also left off the sentiment of love.  The card base and the butterflies are Poppy Parade.  I stamped the scrap cardstock with the SAB set, Fresh Vintage, before I punched out the butterflies.  I sponged them with Crumb Cake ink and curled their wings with my bone folder.  I put a bit of bling on their bodies with Basic Jewels rhinestones.  The DSP is another peek at some SAB product called Everyday Enchantment.  I sponged the card base with Crumb Cake ink to match the DSP, and I used Crumb Cake seam binding to finish off the card.  

Let me know what you think and then head on over to the UDI blog to see everyone's creations. 

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Fresh Vintage.  Ink- Poppy Parade.  Paper- Poppy Parade, Everyday Enchantment DSP (SAB).  Accessories- Butterfly punch, Crumb Cake seam binding, Basic Jewels rhinestones.

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share
Pin It

4 comments:

Adriana Benitez said...

What a great lookin' card! The butterflies are so pretty with that stamped image and they look wonderful against the Sale-a-bration dsp. This is going into my "CASE" file! TFS

Tammy Fite said...

Me, too--definitely going to CASE this one--it's gorgeous!!

Barbara Dykhouse said...

Elizabeth, I love this! The Everyday Enchantment paper is gorgeous, and I love the tone on tone stamping on the butterflies as well as that perfect little bow. Well done!

RuthieB said...

This is just gorgeous!!! The poppy butterflies are just beautiful!