Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!  It's a new month, and that means a new sketch artist!  Tammy is providing the sketches for us this month!  Here is her first one for January.  I flipped it on its side.  

My nephew's 1st birthday was yesterday.  We'll be heading out for his first party this afternoon, and this is his card.  My kiddos loved Elmo and Sesame Street when they were little ones, so Ethan is getting some Sesame Street board books and an Elmo's World DVD collection.  I cruised the SCS gallery for punch art ideas for a matching card.  My characters are a combination of the ideas I found.  I sponged each of them for some depth and popped them up on dimensionals.   I used ribbon for the stitching and the characters for the 3 images.  I die-cut a glittery number one for the sentiment spot, and then I added a birthday sentiment from Curly Cute. 

Head on over to the UDI blog to see all the team's creations.  We'd love for you to play along with us!

Supplies(all SU!): Stamps- Curly Cute.  Ink- Daffodil Delight, Not Quite Navy, Real Red, Jet Black stazon.  Paper- Whisper White, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Basic Black, Tangerine Tango. Red glimmer paper. Accessories- Big Shot, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet, Scallop Circle punch, 1/2", 3/4" & 1" Circle punches, Small Oval punch, Real Red 1/4" grosgrain, dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share
Pin It

4 comments:

Barbara Dykhouse said...

Elizabeth, this is just too cute! This is a great interpretation of the sketch with adorable punch art as well.

Tammy Fite said...

This is soooo cute!!

RuthieB said...

Elizabeth! This is precious! The bright primary colors are perfect and I know your nephew will love it!!!!!

Adriana Benitez said...

Oh my gosh, this is so cute. Am I too old to have one? ;)