Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!

Happy 2012!  One of my resolutions is to post to my blog more.  I'd like to post every day, but I'm going to take baby steps.  :)



Today's post features some gift card holders I made for my kiddos for Christmas.  They were so easy to make.  Five of them took me about an hour.  I started with a piece of card stock that measured 4 1/4" x 10".  Score it at 3", 4", 5" and 8".  I rounded the corners on mine for a more finished look.  I used sticky strip on the inside holder and then just trimmed a smidgen off the top.  That way it can be used for different sized gift cards. (You can click on the small pic for a closer look at the inside.)  I used a piece of ribbon to keep mine closed, but you could also use a card stock belly band or even a magnet or velcro dot. I used Lovely Letters and punches to make monograms to decorate the front and cover the seam of the ribbons. 

I hope you enjoy the first day of 2012!  We're heading out to the mall later today to buy my daughter some khaki pants for school.  (I wish they could just wear jeans when it's cold. So much easier to find jeans she likes.  LOL)  It is supposed to be in the 30s for lows this week!  YIKES! Today is still in the 70s, though.  Florida winters...love 'em!

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Lovely Letters.  Ink- Old Olive, Marina Mist.  Paper- Old Olive, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Letters to Santa DSP.
Accessories-  1 1/4", 1 3/8" and 1 3/4" Circle punches, Scalloped Circle punch, Pretty in Pink satin ribbon, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, dimensionals, mini glue dots.

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share
Pin It

No comments: