Saturday, November 12, 2011

UDI Saturday Sketch Challenge #162

Happy Saturday!  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!  It's time for the next installment of the UDI Saturday Sketch Challenge, and here is today's sketch by Ruthie.  As soon as I looked at her sketch, my card was practically finished.   :)

Here's my card. (See what I mean.  LOL)  The card base is Marina Mist.  I stamped the medium snowflake from Snow Swirled all over it with Frost White shimmer paint.  The snow bank is a piece of Whisper White that I tore on one edge. I sponged all the pieces of my card with the shimmer paint.  After I put the Whisper White pieces on the card base, it just looked too stark to me, so I sponged the Whisper White pieces with Marina Mist ink to soften them up just a bit. It is so sparkly IRL, but I just couldn't capture it in my photo. :(

That's it.  An easy, peasy card perfect for mass-producing and mailing with just 1 stamp.  :) 

After you leave me some love to let me know how much you like my card  ;), head on over to the UDI blog and feast your eyes on the other team members creations.  

Supplies( all SU! ): Stamps- Snow Swirled, Word Play.  Ink- Marina Mist.  Paper- Marina Mist, Whisper White.  Accessories-  Frost White shimmer paint, sponge dauber.

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Stamp Magic said...

A card that only takes one stamp!?! LOL! It's beautiful!

sandi said...

Beautiful! Hope you do not mind if I also make it. Just started stamping can't wait.

Adriana Benitez said...

Yes- exactly what came to my mind, too! Now if only we could get a little bit of real snow down here in FL, lol

Tammy Fite said...

Gorgeous, Elizabeth!! I like our card better in your colors!! LOL!!

RuthieB said...

I love how we sometimes all end up with the same colors!!!! This is wonderful!

Leonie Schroder said...

Ahhh so pretty ... I so love Snow Swirled - may it never retire ;)