Saturday, September 17, 2011

UDI Saturday Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!  Can you believe it's already the middle of September?!?  It sure doesn't feel like it outside!  We're still in the high 90s every day!  Today's sketch was just what I needed to cool off a bit.  :)  Here is Tammy's sketch.

My card base is Whisper White topped with a layer of Night Quite Navy.  The next layer is a piece of Shimmer White.  I ran it through the Big Shot in the new Starburst embossing folder, and then I ran it through again in the Stripes embossing folder.  I went with the snowflakes as my shapes.  I tried to punch them out with the Snowflake punch, but it just didn't work for me.  I ended up using the Snowflakes #2 sizzlits.  I love this Silver Glimmer paper!  It is just gorgeous IRL!   I could not get a good picture of all the sparkle and shimmer.  

You can head on over to the UDI blog to see what the rest of the team has created for you today.  

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- none.  Ink- none.  Paper- Whisper White, Shimmer White, Not Quite Navy, Silver Glimmer paper.  Accessories- Big Shot, Starburst and Stripes embossing folders, Snowflakes #2 sizzlits. 

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Stamp Magic said...

So cool! I really like what you did with the texture folders!

Tammy Fite said...

GORGEOUS!! I love the sparkly snowflakes! and the embossing folders trick is sooo cool!!

Adriana Benitez said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! The two folders idea looks amazing and the sparkle of it all - so pretty! TFS

RuthieB said...

Elizabeth! Love, love, LOVE the double embossing! What an awesome idea! The sparkle of the snowflakes really is just right!

Barbara Dykhouse said...

Elizabeth, this is stunning! I love the double embossing folders to get the stripes. You are too clever! And the snowflakes are wonderful. You really nailed this sketch!!