Saturday, August 13, 2011

UDI Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!  I finally finished my card for the UDI Sketch Challenge.  Life has been crazy, busy around here.  I really do need to start getting my card done earlier in the week.  ;)  Here is the sketch from Carol.  She said it was an easy one, but I had a really hard time with it.  Maybe because I was using it as a sympathy card.  (A co-worker lost her mom Thursday night.)

Here is the final product.  I'm not sure if I like it.  The picture doesn't help.  LOL  All the layers really are straight.  I don't know why it looks wonky.  

I used Not Quite Navy, Whisper White and Paisley Petals DSP for all the layers.  The card base was runt through the Big Shot in the Stripes embossing folder.  The long strips were adhered together and then run through the Big Shot in the Snowburst embossing folder (Holiday Mini).  The small layers were adhered together and topped with a Beveled Windowpane.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. 

Head on over to the UDI blog and see what everyone else created for you today.  

Enjoy what's left of your weekend!

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Teeny Tiny Wishes.  Paper- Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Paisley Petals DSP.  Ink- Not Quite Navy.  Accessories-  Big Shot, Snowburst and Stripes embossing folders,  Word Window and Modern Label punches, Movers & Shapers die, Beveled Windowpane, Whisper White taffeta, mini glue dots.

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Stamp Magic said...

I like it, Elizabeth! Loving the new ti folders! I think you're right about the topic. Sympathy cards are hard to make. I'm not sure why, but I find them difficult, too, and I never like the finished product. Probably because I want so much to offer comfort to someone who's hurting, and I know the card will help, but it's not going to "fix" everything.