Saturday, August 20, 2011

UDI Saturday Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!  It's time for another sketch challenge!   As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew just what I had to do...flip it on its side.  :)  Do you see what I see?   Santa Clause!  

The card base is Real Red.  The belt is Basic Black with a Brushed Silver buckle.  The sentiment is from Word Play, and it's embossed with Silver EP.  I took some creative liberty with the sketch and added the Whisper White coat trim.  That's it.  A simple and easy card, but I love it!  It turned out just like it was in my head!  :)  

Let me know what you think and then head on over to the UDI blog to see what the others created for your viewing pleasure!

Enjoy your weekend!  It's the last one of summer vacation for us!  My kiddos go back to school on Tuesday.  My daughter will be an 8th grader, and my son will be a high school freshman!  ACK!  ;)

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Word Play.  Ink- Versamark.  Paper- Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black, Brushed Silver.  Accessories-  Silver embossing powder.

Thanks for visiting! 

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

Such a great card! I like it turned on it's side!! Have a great weekend!

soggystamper said...

Now that is thinking outside the box! I would not have thought of a Santa belt. Love your interpretation of the sketch.
Sue Erickson
www.soggystamper.com

imagine.create.share. said...

Elizabeth, this is adorable! What a creative thinker you are. I love, love, love it!

Stamp Magic said...

Awesome! It's getting me in a festive mood! Woohoo!

Tonya said...

Great Idea! I love this card!