Saturday, August 6, 2011

UDI Saturday Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!  It's time for another sketch challenge on the UDI blog!  Here's what Carol gave us to work with today.  I left it just as she drew it.  :)

I needed a birthday card, so I decided to use the sketch for it.  The first thing that popped into my head was color-blocking.  I couldn't settle on colors, so I went in another direction.  ;)  Since it's a birthday card, I pulled out my retired DSP, Newsprint.  I knew the piece with all the numbers would be perfect.  I started with a Very Vanilla card base sponged with Crumb Cake ink.  I sponged the DSP and mounted it to Basic Black card stock.  A small piece of Basic Black 1/4" grosgrain ribbon in the top right corner takes care of that element of the sketch.  I used the Wish Big sentiment from Word Play.  I colored it with markers so I could make the star a nice pop of color.  I punched it out with the 1 3/4" Circle punch and sponged it with Crumb Cake before adhering it to a 2  3/8" Scalloped Circle punch of Basic Black.  I used the Faux Suede technique on the scalloped circle.  You may be able to see it better if you click on the picture.  The sentiment piece is adhered with dimensionals.  That's it.  Easy peasy.

Let me know what you think, and then head on over to the UDI blog to see what the other team members created for you.  

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Word Play.  Ink- Real Red, Basic Black.  Paper- Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Newsprint DSP (retired).  Accessories- 2 3/8" Scalloped Circle punch, 1 3/4" Circle punch, 1/4" Basic Black grosgrain, sponge, dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Atif said...

Fabulous cards designing i really like it...

Scratch Cards
clear business cards

carolm said...

cute. love the number background. xox

RuthieB said...

That is wonderful!!! I love the pop of the red star!

Tammy Fite said...

Oh, I really like this one! I like it with all one pattern--looks great!

imagine.create.share. said...

Elizabeth, this is wonderful! What a brilliant idea for the numbered Newsprint sheet. The paper says it all! Great take on the sketch!

Margaret aka Totallyawake said...

Love it - one of my favorite papers!