Saturday, July 9, 2011

VC Rocks July Blog Hop

**There are 2 posts today.  Shocking, I know.  :)  If you're looking for the UDI Sketch Challenge, just scroll down.**

Happy Saturday!  Welcome to the third stop on the VC Rocks July Blog Hop.  This month's theme is Anything But a Card.  If you started from the beginning at the VC Rocks blog, then you just came from Elizabeth K's blog.  The next stop is Jackie W's blog.  You'll find links at the end of my post.  If you started here at my blog, don't worry.  We're all linked together, so grab your favorite beverage and a snack and enjoy the hop.  It officially kicks off at 10AM Eastern/9AM Central/8AM Mountain/7AM Pacific on Saturday and will run through the weekend.  

I chose to create with candles today.  The first project is a pillar candle stamped with the Very Vintage wheel in Marina Mist.  Marina Mist taffeta (retired) gives the candle a finished look.  























My next project is stamped tea lights in a gift box.  I used the small flower from Flower Fest stamped in Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Marina Mist to adorn both the tea lights and the box.  


I hope you have enjoyed my stop on the hop.  Click the buttons below to continue on your journey.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Flower Fest.  Ink- Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist.  Paper- Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, tissue paper. Accessories-  Marina Mist 3/8" taffeta (retired), Daffodil Delight 1/8" taffeta, 1 3/8" Circle punch, heat tool.



Elizabeth Kratzer
Jackie Watson


Thanks for visiting!


Bookmark and Share

26 comments:

Nichole said...

Your pillar candle is stunning! I love how fun the tealights look also.

Jeanie's Jems said...

The marina mist just really sets of the pillar candle and the tea lights are adorable.
Jeanie

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

What a pretty candle Elizabeth! Marina mist is one of my favorite stampin up blues!

Dale Morin said...

Beautiful job. Love the Marina Mist.

MJ said...

Wonderful projects. Love them both. Love the ribbon on the bottom of the pillar one.

Veronica said...

So very pretty! TFS.

Lorita said...

Love the candles! You did a great job!

kreationzbyzabrina said...

Love the vintage look! The tea lights are beautiful!

Loni said...

I love these ABC hops because there is such variety in projects. Great job!

Ellen Kemper said...

Candles! Why can't I remember stamping on candle as a gift idea?
These two projects are both awesome, although I confess to liking the pillar one so much I think I need that wheel!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

You can never go wrong with candles, Elizabeth, these are so pretty. thanks for sharing with us.

Barbara Furlong said...

I had never thought of stamping tea lights...just a note about your buttons, if they just click on the click here it just takes them to the photo only of the button but I liked how you did add the names with links below...

Carey said...

I love, love, love both of them. I really like the Marina Mist.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Jackie L Watson said...

I love the candle in Marina Mist. I have never tried to stamp a candle. Will have to give it a whirl. Your tealights are cute and fun looking. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda Hugar said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I am so timid in this area, I need to try this sometime and you have given me the inspiration to spread my wings.

Dawn said...

Cute, cute, cute Elizabeth! Love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

Kristi said...

I have seen stamped candles before but your pillar one is just gorgeous! And I love the tealights in the box too. What great gifts!

stampershirley said...

Love your candle ideas - what great gift ideas! TFS

Chris Occhipinti said...

Really pretty ideas...very well done, Elizabeth!

Julie said...

Luv your tealight candle set but want to know how you stamped it without the wick getting in the way ............ or am i just being blonde. Lol

Krafting Karen said...

one can never have too many candles and if you can have wonderful decorated candles all the better! Good job!

Elizabeth said...

omg! that very vintage wheel looks so good on that pillar! I've got some of those and I know how to use my wheel.

Karen said...

Beautifully done! I especially liked the larger candle stamped in Marina Mist.

Holly / InkPaperStamps.com said...

My fave is that lovely pillar candle--the Marina Mist ribbon finishes it off so nicely. . . .

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Very pretty. I love doing candles. TFS!

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

Melody Bakolias, Halifax, Nova Scotia said...

Elizabeth, I love both projects. Marina Mist is also one of my favorite colors. Where did you find the template for the tealight box? These are adorable!