Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy birthday, Stephen!

Today is my little brother's big 4-0!  I don't know how he got to be 40 when I'm just 26!  ;)

Anyway, I wanted to make him a fun card for his special day.  I cut out the smallest star from the Stars #2 die in some fun, bold colors and glued them to a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I cut '40' from the Timeless Type junior alphabet in Basic Black and glued those pieces to the Whisper White, too.  Then I ran the piece through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I love the way it looks!  I glued the image layer to a layer of Pumpkin Pie and a layer of Basic Black.  I distressed both those layers along with the Old Olive card stock base with the Cutter kit.  I love the end result...a really fun card for a really special guy! I hope he likes it!  I know he'll like what's inside!  I got him a gift card to his favorite store in the world...Bass Pro Shops!  :)

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- none.  Ink- none.  Paper- Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Basic Black. Accessories-  Big Shot, Timeless Type junior alphabet, Square Lattice embossing folder, Stars #2 die, Cutter kit.

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: