Saturday, June 18, 2011

UDI Saturday Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!  It's time for another UDI Sketch Challenge!  Here is the sketch Carol drew for us today.  I actually left it alone.  ;)

Here is my creation.  It's a hybrid card!  I knew I wanted to use the stamp set, The Open Sea.  The only problem...I don't have it.  My Digital Studio to the rescue!  I purchased it and downloaded it right away.  I placed the ship on top of the background stamp (I changed the background stamp's opacity to 30%), and I also used 3 compasses.  I shrank them all to the size I wanted, and then I printed them on Very Vanilla card stock.  I just love MDS! 

I used Crumb Cake for the base.  I sponged all the Very Vanilla and the card base with Crumb Cake ink.  I punched out the compasses with the 1" Circle punch and layered them on Night of Navy punched out with the Postage Stamp punch (available July 1st).  I layered the ship on a piece of Night of Navy that was also punched with the Postage Stamp punch.  I used just one edge of the punch to go all around my square.  If you don't look really closely, it looks great!  LOL  I wrapped some Baker's Twine in White/Early Espresso around the bottom of the ship panel to finish off the card. All the elements were adhered to the card base with dimensionals.

Let me know what you think before you head to the UDI blog for the links to the rest of the team.  

Have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- none.  Ink- Crumb Cake.  Paper- Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Night of Navy.  Accessories-  My Digital Studio, Postage Stamp punch, 1" Circle punch, Baker's Twine, sponge.

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Stamp Magic said...

Awesome! Great way to work with sets that haven't made it to the top of the wish list yet!

Tammy Fite said...

This set works perfectly with this sketch! I love your card!!

RuthieB said...

This is wonderful!!!! I love the color combo!

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely - I do hope we get the postage stamp punch in the new Australian catalogue! Rachel