Saturday, May 21, 2011

UDI Saturday Sketch Challenge #137

Happy Saturday!  It's time for another sketch challenge!  Here is today's sketch.  I flipped it on its side for my card.  

I stuck with neutrals today.  The base and sentiment layer is Very Vanilla.  The mats are Basic Black, and the DSP is Newsprint.  I sponged the DSP and Very Vanilla pieces with Crumb Cake ink.  The layer under the sentiment was punched with the Scallop Trim border and corner punches.  The sentiment is from Full of Life.  I added a piece of Victoria crochet trim and Basic Black brads from the Neutrals package to each corner.  Both layers are adhered to the base with dimensionals.

I rather like the end result.  :)  What do you think?  Leave me a comment so I know you were here, then you can head on over to Ruthie's blog.  If there are missing or broken links, Carol has all of us listed on the original post at the UDI blog.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Full of Life.  Ink- Jet Black Stazon, Crumb Cake.  Paper- Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Newsprint DSP.  Accessories- Scallop Trim border and corner punches, Victoria crochet trim, Neutrals brads, dimensionals, sponge.

Enjoy your weekend!

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

carolm said...

cute cute. love the punched border around the greeting. xoxo

Adriana Benitez said...

Very nice. The card looks great and the newsprint in the back even goes with the saying, kwim? TFS!

Jill St. Angelo, 850-294-7267 said...

I love it Elizabeth. Great job.

Tammy Fite said...

Love this card! I really like the background dsp--great job!!

imagine.create.share. said...

Oh, I really like this, Elizabeth! It is the perfect shabby/chic card!

Stamp Magic said...

So cool! Love it!

Leonie Schroder said...

great card - love the use of the Newsprint DSP :)