Saturday, April 16, 2011

SU! STARS April Blog Hop

Welcome to the SU! STARS April Blog Hop.  
We are a group of SU! demonstrators that love 
Scrapping, Teaching And Rubber Stamping (STARS)!

I just joined the group, and this is my first SU! STARS blog hop!  This month's blog hop features ABC projects...Anything But a Card!  :)  If you are starting the blog hop from here, don't worry. You can continue the hop from here since we are all linked together.  If you started the hop from the SU! STARS home blog, then you arrived here from Monica's blog. Her projects are always gorgeous!

For my ABC project, I chose to create treat boxes.  I have 2 different boxes both made from the Petal Cone die.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Big Shot!  :) 

First up is a traditional Petal Cone.  I turned it into a carrot by using Peach Parfait cardstock and Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.  After cutting and before assembling the Petal Cone, I ran the pieces through my Big Shot on the Woodgrain Texturz plate.  I then sponged the pieces with Pumpkin Pie ink to bring out the texture.  The image is from A Good Egg.  Don't you just love that little peep guy?!  He was stamped on Naturals White, Daffodil Delight DSP and Peach Parfait DSP  in Jet Black StazOn.  I cut out the DSP images and paper pieced them on the card stock.  His beak is colored with Tangerine Tango.  I sponged the 1 3/8" Circle punch with Daffodil Delight ink and adhered it to a Daffodil Delight Fancy Flower punch that was run through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I also sponged the flower with Daffodil Delight ink.  The flower is adhered to the cone with dimensionals.  This makes an adorable Easter favor!  Just change the colors and images, and you can make favors for any occasion!


My 2nd treat box is a cute little take-out box also made from the Petal Cone die.  I used Naturals White card stock for the box and belly band.  The accent color is Regal Rose.  The belly band is 1" X 9".  There is a piece of Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain attached to the belly band.  The topper is a flower made from the Fancy Flower punch with Regal Red card stock and Regal Rose DSP.  I used the Faux Suede technique on the card stock.  I attached an antique brad to the center of the flower and used it to attach the flower to the belly band.  My Crop-a-dile made it oh-so-easy to punch a hole through the ribbon and card stock. This little box would make great wedding or birthday favors!  It would make a great favor box and will coordinate with any of your occasions with just a change of colors!

I hope you enjoyed my projects!  After you leave me some comment love and let me know what you think of my boxes, head on over to Jackie's blog to see her fabulous ABC project.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- A Good Egg.  Ink- Jet Black StazOn.  Paper-  Naturals White, Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight, Regal Rose. Accessories-  Big Shot, Petal Cone die, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Woodgrain Texturz plate, Brights button, Antique brad, Fancy Flower punch, 1 3/8" Circle punch, Crop-a-dile, Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain, Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain, dimensionals, sponge.

Enjoy your weekend!

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

Maxine Conrad said...

Fabulous projects Elizabeth! Great job :)

Brenda Hugar said...

Love your boxes! So pretty and useful. I would never have thought to cut down the petal cone box. What a great idea! TFS

Veronica said...

Amazing boxes, Elizabeth! Love them both. TFS.

Highdesertstamper said...

Pretty cue with the chickie!!

Jackie L Watson said...

What cute projects, I especially love the carrot cone. You rock girl.

PocketsOfInspiration said...

These are the sweetest projects. Great for upcoming Easter goodies.

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Love your boxes, they are adorable! Thanks for sharing, off to continue on the blog hop! Deb

Denise Foor said...

Love the Petal Die and you made some terrific projects. Very pretty.

Charlotte said...

Love your carrot! You have some really cute ideas ;)

Kari Hack said...

Can you give me a little direction on how you made the take out box?