Saturday, April 23, 2011

UDI Sketchy Saturday

Happy Saturday! It's time for another Saturday Sketch Skip. :) Today's sketch was a simple one. I think Carol is trying to make it up to us since she threw all those crazy ones at us. LOL  Here's the sketch.  I didn't flip it or change shapes or anything today!  






















The card base is Crumb Cake followed by a layer of Naturals White and a piece of Botanical Gazette DSP.  The sentiment is from Occasional Quotes, a Level 3 hostess set.  I sponged the edges of all the layers except the DSP with Early Espresso.  Then I sponged the DSP and the sentiment piece with Champagne Shimmer paint.  It is so sparkly and pretty.  You'll just have to take my word for it since I could not get a decent picture of the sparkle.  ;)  I used Sticky Strip to attach the Crumb Cake seam binding along the edge.  

I hope you like my card today.  Let me know what you think, and then head on over to Leonie's blog.  We're all linked together, but you can also find links to all of us over on the UDI blog.

Enjoy your weekend!  Have a blessed Easter!

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Occasional Quotes.  Ink- Early Espresso.  Paper- Naturals White, Crumb Cake, Botanical Gazette DSP.  Accessories-  Crumb Cake seam binding, Scallop Edge border punch, Champagne Shimmer mist. 

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Stamp Magic said...

This has to be one of my favorite color combos! As I hop through, I'm really digging the sketch this week, too. Lots of cool ideas! Thank you for sharing! I just got my Botanical paper, and I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I can't wait!

imagine.create.share. said...

Elizabeth, this is beautiful! I really love cards made using the neutrals. They are always so classy.

RuthieB said...

This is sooooo pretty! I love the ruching of the crumb cake ribbon!

Jill St. Angelo, 850-294-7267 said...

Beautiful Elizabeth! I love it!

carolm said...

so so pretty, even though it is brown. ;) you know me and my colors. love the ribbon! xoxox