Saturday, April 30, 2011

UDI Saturday Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!  I can't believe it's already the end of April!  Where is the time going?  This week flew by so fast.  Most likely because it was Spring Break for my kiddos.  It's back to school on Monday to get ready for final exams.   Just 29 school days left.  Wow!  Anyway,...

Here is today's sketch.  I just had to flip it.  Really, I had to.  ;)  I love how my card ended up today!   See that line down the center of Carol's sketch?  That became the center of my gate-fold card.  The base is Daffodil Delight which was run through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  The panel is Melon Mambo topped with a piece of handmade DSP.  I used Flower Fest from the upcoming Summer Mini.  I stamped the different images in Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise and Wild Wasabi.  Then I spritzed the piece with Tangerine Tango.  I used the Dotted Ribbon border punch with Melon Mambo cardstock.  The sentiment from Occasional Quotes (Hostess Level 3) is stamped in Melon Mambo on a piece of Whisper White.  I stamped a flower in Daffodil Delight in 2 corners and used the Melon Mambo marker to make some dots in the other 2 corners.  It's layered on a Tempting Turquoise mat.   It's so fun and bright!  It feels just like summer...just like the weather here!  ;)
Let me know if you like today's card, and then head on over to Leonie's.  We're all hooked up, but just in case there are missing or broken links, Carol has a list of all of us over on the UDI blog.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Flower Fest, Occasional Quotes.  Ink- Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango.  Paper- Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White.  Accessories-  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Dotted Ribbon border punch, Color Spritzer tool.

Have a wonderful weekend!  Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

carolm said...

so pretty and bright. i love how the greeting is slightly offset from the center. too cute. xoxo

Tammy Fite said...

You are brilliant!! This is a perfect card for the sketch! Love it!

imagine.create.share. said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch! A gate fold card is just perfect. To me, this card says "Spring!"

Stamp Magic said...

Beautiful! Love the bright colors!