Friday, April 15, 2011

UDI Saturday Sketch Challenge on Friday!

Happy Friday!  Hooray for the weekend!  I'm posting my sketch challenge card a day early.  I'm participating in a blog hop tomorrow, but I didn't want to miss out on the sketch challenge.  :)  If you're here on Friday, I'm including links, but the other projects won't be posted until tomorrow. 
Here's the sketch Carol drew for us.  I knew just what I wanted to do with it.  I flipped it on its side and used squares in place of the 3 circles.  I used a flower instead of the last circle.  :) 

I used Naturals White for the card base.  The next layers are Night of Navy and Daffodil Delight.  I ran the Daffodil Delight through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, and then used my paper trimmer and bone folder to score a line at the end of the dots.  That left a smooth spot for my sentiment.  The Night of Navy strip was run through the crimper, and a piece of Daffodil Delight 1/8" taffeta was wrapped around it.  I attached a DSP flower made from the Birds & Blooms sizzlit with a Clear rhinestone brad to the strip.  The images are from Every Little Bit and are stamped in Jet Black Stazon on  1" square pieces of Naturals White.  I colored them with my markers.  Each image has some Dazzling Diamonds added to it for just a little something. They are adhered on a Postage Label punch (SNEAK PEEK available in the Summer mini...May 1st!) in Night of Navy.  The sentiment is from Tiny Tags and punched with the Jewelry Tag punch.  A Rhinestone jewel is the finishing touch.  

I love my so fun, summery card!  How about you?  Let me know what you think, and then head on over to Leonie's blog.  If you get lost or run across a broken or missing link, Carol will have a list of all of us at the UDI blog.  (Don't forget...they'll be up Saturday morning.)

Enjoy your weekend!  

Supplies(all SU!): Stamps- Tiny Tags, Every Little Bit.  Ink- Night of Navy, Jet Black Stazon, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight.  Paper-  Naturals White, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight.  Accessories-  Big Shot, Birds & Blooms sizzlit, Postage Stamp punch, Jewelry Tag punch, Rhinestone jewels, Clear Rhinestone brad, Daffodil Delight 1/8" taffeta, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way glue pen, dimensionals, sponge.

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Adriana Benitez said...

Elizabeth - love this bright cheery card. The sparkly smile on the little sun is the cutest thing!

imagine.create.share. said...

Elizabeth, we really were on the same page this week, weren't we? I love the bright colors and all of your little details. You nailed the sketch this week!

Tammy Fite said...

Love the colors!!! Very cute card!

carolm said...

too cute. i love these colors together. xoxo

RuthieB said...

I love this! These are some of my favorite colors for spring! So cute!