Saturday, March 19, 2011

UDI Saturday Sketch Challenge

The weekend is finally here!  It sure did take its sweet time getting here this week.  :)  Since it's finally Saturday again, it's time for another UDI sketch challenge.  Here is what we had to work with today. 


















Here is what I created.  I think this may be one of the worst cards I've ever made.  LOL  I'm not sure what happened.  I'm going to blame it on my eyes.  I had them dilated today, and that obviously affected my vision more than I thought.  :P    My first idea was to use some DSP strips for the 3 "hanging" elements.  That's how I picked the colors.  It didn't look right with the DSP, but I already had the card stock cut, and I didn't want to start over.  I decided to use ribbon instead of DSP.  Instead of a circle, I used my FREE (during SAB) For You flower stamp.  I stamped it in Old Olive on Old Olive card stock and punched it out with the Fancy Flower punch.  Then I stamped it in Peach Parfait on Whisper White and punched out the middle with the 1 3/8" Circle punch.  There is a tiny heart in the words on the stamp, but I wanted a bigger one so I punched one out of Glimmer paper with the 2-Step Owl punch.  When it was all put together, the ribbon looked crazy just hanging there, so I added some bows.  The strip at the top is Old Olive with a piece of Peach Parfait punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch.  The Peach Parfait background was run through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I can't seem to make a card without my Big Shot these days.  ;)

After you have gasped at my creation, head on over to Jeannette's.  I'm sure she'll have something much better for you.  :)  We're all linked, but you can always head back to the UDI blog if there are any broken or missing links.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- For You Flower.  Ink- Old Olive, Peach Parfait.  Paper- Whisper White, Old Olive, Peach Parfait.  Accessories-  Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Fancy Flower punch, 2-Step Owl punch, 1 3/8" Circle punch, 1/4" Old Olive grosgrain.

Enjoy your weekend!  Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Adriana Benitez said...

You're being to hard on yourself :) It's a neat looking card with a neat combination of colors.

Tammy Fite said...

I love the color combo! YOu did a great job with the sketch!

carolm said...

you are a trip! your card is lovely. the little bows just finish it off. xoxo

RuthieB said...

How sweet is that! I love how you added the little bows and the color combo is great!

Stamp Magic said...

You have inspired me! I've been looking at the sketch and trying to think of something to do that didn't involve flipping it, and your card helped me get there! I'll try to post it by tomorrow.