Saturday, March 5, 2011

Another Sketchy Saturday

Wow!  I can't believe it's been an entire week since I last posted.  I am so sorry!  I've been busy with my day job, but I really need to find some time for me.  

Anyway...it's Saturday!  Yay!  It's also time for another sketch challenge on the UDI blog.  Today's sketch really had me in a quandary.  Then I decided to use it to my advantage.  ;)  I left it just as it was drawn and made a masculine, clean and simple birthday card.  I only have 2 packs of current DSP (you should see the stack of retired stuff!), so I went with Jolly Holiday.  It's not just for Christmas, ya know!

The card base is Very Vanilla followed by Cherry Cobbler and then another piece of Very Vanilla.  I ran that one through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I sponged the DSP, sentiment layer and embossed layer with Cherry Cobbler ink.  The sentiment is from Full of Life.  That's it.  Simple.

Let me know what you think, then head on over to Jeannette's blog and see what she did with the sketch.  We are all linked together, but you can also visit the UDI blog in case there are any broken or missing links.

Enjoy your weekend!

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Full of Life.  Ink- Cherry Cobbler.  Paper- Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Jolly Holiday DSP.  Accessories-  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, sponge.

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

It turned out great!!! I love the Jolly Holiday DSP--been using it alot lately!! Great job with the sketch!!

imagine.create.share. said...

You really nailed the sketch! This was a tough one, wasn't it? Clean and simple always works. It's a great card!

RuthieB said...

Gorgeous!!!!!! I love how you put the sentiment on the middle piece instead of at the top!

Stamp Magic said...

Awesome!

carolm said...

not sure how i missed your card last week. love the colors and how your card turned out. xoxo