Sunday, February 13, 2011

Vintage Sympathy

Yesterday I took my daughter shopping for a dress and shoes to wear to her friend's Bat Mitzvah next Saturday.  We had a really good time, and we came home smiling.  Believe me, that is a rare thing! I'm sure those of you with 12-year old daughters can back me up on this. ;)   Unfortunately, when I got home I received terrible, shocking news.  My best friend since the 8th grade had lost her mother that morning.  We're not that old really, certainly not old enough to be saying good-bye to a parent (we both just turned 40), and my mom is her mom's age.  I'm still in shock today.  I'll be going to her parents' home this evening to pay my respects to her family.  I made some cookies and this card for her. It's not much, but it's from the heart.  I can't imagine what she's going through now.  
I CASEd myself for the card.  It's this one from back in July.  I just changed the colors and added lots of pretty pearls.  The bigger ones are from the Pretties Kit (retired).  

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Vintage Vogue.  Ink- Marina Mist.  Paper- Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Marina Mist.  Accessories- Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Very Vintage wheel, Very Vanilla taffeta, Rhinestone Pearls, Pretties Kit (retired), sponge, dimensionals, glue dots.
Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: