Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Sketch Challenge 125

Happy Saturday!  It's time for another UDI Saturday Sketch Challenge!  Here's what we had to work with today.   I left the sketch the way Carol drew it, and just changed 2 of the rectangles.  ;)

Here's what I came up with for the sketch.  The card base is Sahara Sand.  Take a Sip was wheeled over the entire card base in Versamark. (I love this little wheel!  I can't believe I hadn't inked it up before now!)  The middle layers are Melon Mambo and Regal Rose.  The Regal Rose piece was run through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  The sentiment from Favorite Thoughts (from a past mini, but not yet retired) is stamped in Melon Mambo on Very Vanilla.  The flower is from the Birds & Blooms sizzlit and takes the place of one of the rectangles.  A Very Vanilla taffeta bow takes the place of the other.  There are Fire Circle Rhinestone brads in the centers of the bow and flower.

Let me know what you think, and then skip on over to Jeannette's blog.  We're all linked up, but if there is a broken or missing link, just head on over to the UDI blog for links to all the members.

Enjoy your day!

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps-  Take a Sip, Favorite Thoughts.  Ink- Melon Mambo, Versamark.  Paper- Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo.  Accessories0  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Circle Fire Rhinestone brads, Birds & Blooms sizzlit, Very Vanilla taffeta, dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Stamp Magic said...

Boy! I really like what you did. I often forget about the neutrals for anything other than masculine cards. Great work! Have an awesome weekend!

imagine.create.share. said...

This is a lovely card! I really like the color combination and the pairing of Melon Mambo and Regal Rose. (Note to self: Use this color combination!)
This is a great interpretation of the sketch, Elizabeth!

Tammy Fite said...

Beautiful!

carolm said...

i love the melon and rose together. wow! beautiful card, e!!!

RuthieB said...

This is wonderful! I love it!

Leonie said...

great card and how good is that wheel?? actually I have to reorder it as I cut my first one up ;)

Jill St. Angelo, 850-294-7267 said...

E, what a great card. I love the colors you picked. Wish I was going to Regional with you.