Thursday, February 24, 2011

Every Little Bit & a Sketch

I wanted to post a cheery card since it's going to be a sad day.  I'll be attending the funeral of my best friend's mom.  If you have a minute, send some hugs and prayers my way.

Another friend of mine is pregnant with a little girl.  :)  I had her in mind when I was making this card.  It's for the SCS sketch challenge from Tuesday.  The card base is Daffodil Delight.  The next layer is Basic Black followed by a piece of Whisper White that was run through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and a piece of Tempting Turquoise DSP.  A strip of Basic Black covers the seam.  Daffodil Delight 1/8" taffeta adds just the right touch to the strip.  The teddy bear from Every Little Bit was stamped on a 1" square with Jet Black stazon.  I adhered the squares to Melon Mambo squares punched with the Scalloped Square punch.  Those are adhered to the card with dimensionals.  

It's a simple card but so bright and fun. 

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Every Little Bit.  Ink- Jet Black Stazon, Daffodil Delight, Regal Rose.  Paper- Whisper White, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise DSP.  Accessories-  Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Scalloped Square punch, Daffodil Delight 1/8" taffeta.

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Scrapp'n Nana said...

I want you all to know that there is some wonderful talented people on this Hive. I'm so grateful that I am part of this and I'm grateful for the lady that invited me. I love this cute card. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. You did a wonderful job and I'm glad that I'm following you.

I love this. I guess I will have to start doing this every time I make a card so it would be easier for people to see how I did it and how I made things to look, I'm not sure if I will ever get as good as you guys. I'm sorry I'm down tonight, my husband has been pretty sick and it's not good on his heart so tomorrow the doctor should be calling to let us know when to go and see her. Thanks for sharing this with us. I really like these how you put them together.

Sincerely

Donna Scrapp'n Nana

http://scrappnana.blogspot.com/

www.mycmsite.com/dmdegraw want to look, I would love you too.

Jill St. Angelo said...

Hi E, I am so sorry about your friend's mother...BIG HUGS!!!!!

I love your card, very cute.