Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Thanksgiving Card

Happy Saturday!  My kiddos are so glad to be off for the next 9 days.  :)  

Thursday was the Great American Teach-In here in Hillsborough County, and I made a Thanksgiving card with a class of 5th graders.  Their teacher was both of my kids' 5th grade teacher.   It was fun going back and catching up with her.  :)  The bonus...the kids loved making the card.  I had to admit, I was a bit nervous, but even the boys enjoyed it.  I'm going to go back and make something for the 'winter holidays' with them.  

The card base is the retired color, Ruby Red.  I had an entire unopened package of it in my stash.  The Very Vanilla layer was stamped with the Medallion stamp and a sentiment from Falling Leaves.  They stamped a corner of the envelope with the Medallion stamp, too.  Then the kids ran the card stock through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice embossing folder.  That was a hit.  Then it was off to the spritzing station to spritz the card and envelope with the Color Spritzer tool.  That was an even bigger hit.  :) Then since we still had time, they all ran the envelope flap through the Big Shot to emboss it.  I had such a great time.  I need to think about having a kids' class.  :)

(Sorry about the picture quality.  My SD card decided not to work anymore, so I had to take the picture with my phone.)

Supplies(all SU!): Stamps- Medallion, Falling Leaves.  Ink- Ruby Red (retired).  Paper- Ruby Red (retired), Very Vanilla. Accessories-  Big Shot, Color Spritzer tool, Square Lattice embossing folder.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  

Thanks for visiting!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: