Saturday, September 18, 2010

Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge

Good Saturday morning!  I was blog surfing this morning and came across the Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge.  Kerin's card caught my eye, and I decided to CASE it for the birthday card I need for later today.  :)

I pulled out some more retired DSP and got creating.  The card base is Chocolate Chip followed by Whisper White and Pretty in Pink.  The DSP strips are all from the same pack, Sweet Always (retired).  I adhered a piece of Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon between 2 of the DSP strips.  The sentiment is from All Holidays, and it's stamped on a strip of Whisper White that was punched with the Scallop Trim border punch.   The cupcake image is from Party Hearty and is stamped on Whisper White and punched with the 1 3/4" Circle punch.  I colored it with Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink and Pumpkin Pie.  The sprinkles and liner stripes are covered in Dazzling Diamonds.  That circle is layered on one cut with the Circles #2 die and the Big Shot, and that circle is layered on a 2  3/4" Scalloped Circle punch.  It's attached to the card with dimensionals.  I used a piece of the DSP to line the envelope, too.  I've got to use up my retired stuff!  LOL

Have a fabulous day!  I've got to get Lauren up so we can get ready to party!  :)

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Party Hearty, All Holidays.  Ink- Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie.  Paper- Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Sweet Always DSP (retired).  Accessories-  Big Shot, Circles #2, Scallop Trim border punch, 1 3/4" Circle punch, 2 3/4" Scalloped Circle punch, Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon (retired), Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals, 2-way glue pen.

Thanks for visiting!


Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

I really like this DSP...sorry it's gone. You've done a great job sith this sketch! Thanks for sharing it.

Kerin said...

I have always loved that dsp with that cupcake, it's the perfect birthday card!!! Awesome job with the sketch :)

Selene Kempton said...

Just gorgeous! I love this card and what you did with it.. You can't go wrong with pink and brown! :D

Patti Chesky said...

That was my favorite dsp. I have some scraps left to make some special cards with. Your card is adorable...I have a fondness for cupcakes! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411.

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute card...I love that DSP, too! Wonderful job with the sketch!