Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday Sketch Skip

Happy Saturday!  It's time for another Sketch Challenge on the UDI blog.  Here is the sketch Carol gave us for today.  

I started out with a Very Vanilla card base.  The next layers are Basic Black and Baja Breeze.  The Baja Breeze was run through the Big Shot in the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  I sponged the edges and the raised design with Baja Breeze ink.  The strip and image layers are Basic Black and Very Vanilla.  The Very Vanilla was sponged with Baja Breeze. The focal image is Vintage Vogue stamped and stamped off in Baja Breeze.  The strip is the Very Vintage wheel.  I had lots of fun with that.  I don't have a Baja Breeze marker or ink pad.  I do have a Baja Breeze re-inker and sponge daubers.  I used a clamshell stamp case as my palette.  I sponged the ink on the wheel and huffed on it to make sure it wasn't dry.  It worked very well.  An ink pad would have been much easier, but at least I can tell you that you can use the wheel with just a re-inker and sponge dauber.  ;)  I lined up the brads using the Mat Pack.  The Very Vanilla taffeta is tied around the wheeled strip by cutting a slit in the side of the strip with my craft knife.  I am very pleased with the final result.  I think this card can be used for many different occasions, so I left it sentiment-free for now.

Time to move on now.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about my Very Vintage Vogue card, and then you can head on over to Leonie's blog (Jeannette is away today) or to the UDI blog.  (We're all linked up, but Carol has all the links on the UDI blog as well just in case.)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Vintage Vogue.  Ink- Baja Breeze.  Paper- Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Basic Black.  Accessories-  Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Very Vanilla brads, Very Vanilla taffeta, mat pack, sponge dauber.

Thanks for visiting!


7 comments:

carolm said...

this is so pretty. i love the vintage embossing folder. another one of those that i need to get. haha.

beautiful. xoxo

Becky - stampin' and sewin' in the tulip city said...

Very pretty! Love how you used the brads and ribbon for the sketch!

Barbara said...

Elizabeth, this is a beautiful card! I love how you used both jumbo brads and ribbon for the sketch. (That was the part that stumped me when it came to my card, so I just ignored the top element!)

Adriana Benitez said...

So very elegant-Beautiful! And thanks for the inking idea for the wheel :)

RuthieB said...

Just beautiful!!!! I love how soft it looks!

Leonie said...

Elizabeth I love this card - used my favourite set too :) love the colours - so pretty

Tiffany Bauer said...

Very elegant!! Just love the softness of this card!!