Thursday, July 15, 2010

Inspiration Challenge #104


Hello!  Happy Thursday!  It's time for another UDI inspiration challenge.  Here's the picture we had to work with this week.  I took my inspiration from the colors.  I saw Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Marina Mist & Basic Black.  

I incorporated all the colors into a card for my grandmother who lost her husband of 60+ years on Tuesday.  I didn't make a sympathy card...it's a thinking of you card.  I wanted something happy.  Do you think it's appropriate? 

The card base is Melon Mambo followed by a layer of Basic Black.  I stamped the flowers from Flower Fancy on Whisper White in Marina Mist, Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo.  I filled in some of the white space with doodle dots in Basic Black.  The Whisper White piece was then run through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice embossing folder.  The sentiment from Thoughts & Prayers was stamped in Basic Black, punched out with the Wide Oval punch and then layered on a Basic Black die-cut from a Lots of Tags sizzlit.  A piece of retired (I haven't ordered from the new catalog yet...shocking, huh?!) Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon finishes the card.

Feel free to leave me a comment, and then head on over to the UDI blog to see what the rest of the design team has created for you.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Thoughts & Prayers, Flower Fancy.  Ink- Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Marina Mist, Basic Black.  Paper-  Whisper White, Basic Black, Melon Mambo.  Accessories-  Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Lots of Tags sizzlit, Wide Oval punch, Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon (retired). 

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

Very cheery! I hope it brightens up your grandmother.

carolm said...

lovely. i'll be thinking of you as you go through the next fews days and a funeral. xoxox

Robin Merriman said...

It's a wonderful card Elizabeth and I'm sure it will brighten your Grandmother's day when she recieves it. I'm so sorry for your loss, you'll be in my prayers!

Katy Z. said...

Your grandmother will appreciate this card. It is beautiful. I love the texture.