Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday Sketch Skip

Happy Saturday!  I am so glad the weekend is finally here!  It's time for another UDI Sketch Challenge.  Here is the sketch Carol drew for us today.  I turned it on it's side.  When it was upright, I couldn't get 'volcano' out of my mind.  LOL

I kept the card really simple.  The cardbase is Lovely Lilac.  The image from Because I Care ( a Level 1 hostess set available July 1st) is stamped on Whisper White.  I colored the stamp with Lovely Lilac and Garden Green Markers.  Then I went back and 'thumped' Elegant Elegant on the flower.  I love the depth it gives the flower.  The sentiment and image below it are from the same set and are stamped in Elegant Eggplant.  A piece of Whisper White taffeta is the finishing touch.

Let me know what you think, then skip on over to Leonie's blog.  (Jeannette is taking the day off for more graduation festivities).  As always, you can find all the links at the original post on the UDI blog.

Thanks for visiting!


6 comments:

carolm said...

purple. wow. i'm so going to miss lovely lilac. your card is spectacular. xoxo

Becky - stampin' and sewin' in the tulip city said...

Great job with this sketch! I love hydrangeas and you did a great job coloring this one in!

Adriana Benitez said...

Gosh that's so pretty!

Ann said...

So very, very pretty Elizabeth. Haven't inked up this set yet!

Leonie said...

Oh Oh Oh I love this stamp! I love your colouring and your card - very nice :)

Barbara said...

Elizabeth, this is beautiful! I can't wait to use this set. Right now my hydrangea bushes are in full bloom. It is a riot of color right off of the deck, so I have lots of color inspiration.