Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday Sketch Skip and a Dedication

Happy Saturday!  Since Monday is Memorial Day here in the USA, I decided to dedicate today's post to my dad, a Vietnam veteran, and all the other veterans who served and are serving this great country of ours.  Thank you for your sacrifices!  Here's a pic of my dad way back in the late 1960s in Vietnam.  :) 














Here's the sketch from Carol.  I flipped it on it's side to accommodate the image from the Red, White & Blue wheel.  The base of the card is Night of Navy.  The next layers are Real Red and Whisper White.  I ran them through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice embossing folder after I adhered the 2 pieces together.  I punched holes in that layer to mimic brads.  I used the Star punches for the corner embellishment.

Skip on over to Jeannette's blog to see what she created with Carol's sketch.  If the links are broken or missing, you can skip over to the UDI blog to continue the tour.  

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- none.  Ink- Real Red.  Paper- Whisper White, Real Red, Night of Navy.  Accessories- Red, White & Blue Jumbo SA wheel, Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Star punch, Large Star punch, handheld punch, dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting!
 

  

4 comments:

carolm said...

great card. just love it. xoxox

Adriana Benitez said...

Great minds think alike ;)
Great card and big thanks to your dad!

RuthieB said...

This is wonderful!!!! I am loving all the patriotic cards!!!!

Donna Schafer said...

What a nice tribute to your dad. I love the card.