Thursday, May 20, 2010

Inspiration Thursday

Happy Thursday!  Before I get to the Inspiration Challenge, let me apologize for the sporadic postings lately.  Things have been crazy here, and I've been unable to make time to create anything besides the 2 UDI challenges I participate in every week.   I hope to be able to get my creativity flowing again soon.  Thanks for continuing to visit.  :)

Now on to the challenge!  Here is the picture Maria chose for us this week.  Playing cards immediately came to mind.  Since I don't have the Game Night stamp set, I kept thinking.  I chose to use the Bride Specialty paper sponged with Real Red ink for the focal point of the card.  It's layered on a piece of Basic Black, and a piece of Whisper White taffeta is tied around both layers.  (You can see a peek at the inside of the card on the right.  I adhered another piece of Basic Black and sponged Bride DSP to the bottom to add something extra.)  Now here's where I really got creative! ;)  Cards...queen of hearts...treat me like a queen...Favorite Thoughts for the sentiment.  LOL  I love this sentiment set.  (It's available in the Summer Mini.)  I just had to add the crown from Tiny Tags as the finishing touch.  (This set was in the Occasions Mini, but it's still available for purchase!) 

Let me know what you think of my creative process this week.  :)  Then head on over to the UDI blog to see what everyone else came up with for you.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Favorite Thoughts, Tiny Tags.  Paper- Whisper White, Basic Black, Bride DSP.  Ink- Real Red, Jet Black Stazon.  Accessories-  Whisper White taffeta, sponge dauber.







Thanks for visiting!
 

3 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

Love what you did! Great take on this week's challenge! I hope things slow down for you real soon!

Robin Merriman said...

I LOVE this card! Elizabeth, you hit it out of the park this week! I'll be casing this one for sure - just fabulous my friend!

carolm said...

perfect!!! simple, beautiful, elegant. this card could be used for any occasion. great job. xoxo