Thursday, May 6, 2010

Inspiration Thursday

Happy Thursday!  It's time for another Inspiration Challenge on the UDI blog.  Here is the picture Maria has for us today.   I love it...so much so that I tried to recreate it.






















I used Sahara Sand for the card base.  The next layer is also Sahara Sand.  I adhered a piece of Regal Rose striped DSP (made in MDS), and then ran the paper through the Big Shot in the new Square Lattice embossing folder.  I cut out 3 pieces of Whisper White card stock and stamped a flower from Eastern Blooms on each piece.  I used the thumping technique and 2 colors for each flower...Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac, Regal Rose and Cameo Coral, and So Saffron and Summer Sun.  The edges of each square were sponged in Sahara Sand.  The center flower is adhered with a dimensional.  I added Dazzling Diamonds in the center of each flower.  A piece of 5/8" Regal Rose grosgrain and a piece of Whisper White taffeta were added across the bottom.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and is adhered with dimensionals. 

I'll be mailing this off to my mom-in-law.  I hope she likes it!  Let me know what you think of it, and then head on over to the UDI blog to see what the rest of the team created.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Teeny Tiny Wishes.  Ink- Sahara Sand, Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, Regal Rose, Cameo Coral, So Saffron, Summer Sun. Paper- Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Regal Rose, Regal Rose striped DSP (made in MDS).  Accessories- Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Scalloped Oval punch, Large Oval punch, 5/8" Regal Rose grosgrain, Whisper White taffeta, 2-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting!


5 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

Love it! So cool about making your own DSP with MDS!!

carolm said...

so pretty. i love how you and maria both took the picture literally. your mothe rin law will just love it!!! xoxo

Robin Merriman said...

Great idea to make your own dsp! Love the use of Sahara Sand too - great contrast!

Maxine Conrad said...

Very cute Elizabeth. Way to go :)

Karen said...

Love it - another perfect card!!