Tuesday, May 4, 2010

For my mom

Mother's Day is just around the corner.  This is the card I'll be giving my mom.  :)

















I used one of the Elegant Trio stencils for the image.  Lavender Lace, Pale Plum and Apricot Appeal were sponged on the Whisper White card stock. I'm not a flower person so I just picked colors at random.  I absolutely love the result! The image panel is layered on a piece of Elegant Eggplant.  The sentiment from All Holidays is stamped right on top in Elegant Eggplant.  The card base is also Elegant Eggplant.  I used the new embossing folder, Square Lattice, on the Whisper White background piece.  I love, love, love this new folder.  I think it may be my favorite ever!  It completely changes the look of the paper.  I added a piece of 1/4" Elegant Eggplant grosgrain to finish the card.

I hope my mom likes it!

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- All Holidays.  Ink- Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace, Pale Plum, Apricot Appeal.  Paper- Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant.  Accessories- Elegant Trio stencils, Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, 1/4" Elegant Eggplant grosgrain, sponge daubers.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

PhotoDivaJ said...

The card is gorgeous; and I love the stenciling. Wish I could do that! What a great inspiration for me to try it again. Your Mom will be so happy to receive such a lovely hand crafted card.

carolm said...

this is gorgeous. love how the colors flow together. wow. xox