Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday Sketch Skip

Happy Saturday!  I hope your weekend is off to a beautiful start!  Mine is very quiet.  My kiddos went camping with their dad and grandma.  I sure do miss them!
 
Carol has another wonderful sketch for us to create with today.  I left it just as drawn again.  :)

I have been loving all the projects I've seen all over blogland made with the Sweet Pea DSP from the Occasions mini catalog.  I held my ground and didn't buy it.  I would never use it all before it retires, and I already have piles of retired DSP.  I know, it's shocking!  ;)
Hmmm...that DSP on my card looks strangely like Sweet Pea DSP.  Where did I get it?  Oh!  It's a download available for My Digital Studio!  Now I have Sweet Pea paper to use forever!  I just have to print the piece I want on my computer printer.  :)  

Here's my card.  I used Barely Banana for the card base.  Yep, more Barely Banana.  I'm trying to use up my just-opened package before it retires.  Under the layer of Sweet Pea DSP is a layer of Chocolate Chip.  I used another piece under the Barely Banana cardstock that I ran through the Big Shot in my Square Lattice (available May 1st) embossing folder.  There is also a piece of Chocolate Chip under the small focal piece of DSP.  A piece of 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain is adhered over all the layers.  Some Beautiful Wings embosslit butterflies in Barely Banana are the finishing touch.  

Let me know what you think, then skip on over to Jeannette's blog to see what she created for your viewing pleasure today.  If you get lost or any of the links aren't working, head on over to the UDI blog.  Carol has links to all today's creations.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- none.  Ink- none.  Paper- Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip, Sweet Pea DSP (MDS).  Accessories-  MDS, Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Beautiful Wings embosslit, 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon.

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Leonie said...

love those butterflies and love that paper! Awesome card

Adriana Benitez said...

Great card! Love the idea of printing out your own MDS. I have the program and hadn't thought to do that....duh!

Lorie said...

Beautiful Elizabeth! Those butterflies are some of my favorites!

PhotoDivaJ said...

Beautiful done, and such wonderful colors. I've been looking for new color combos to use, I'll have to use this if you don't mind. I really love the butterflies... such a great finishing touch on a project.

RuthieB said...

That is wonderful, Elizabeth!! I love the colors!

Tiffany Bauer said...

So pretty!! Love that DSP and those butterflies!!! Great job with the sketch!!

carolm said...

too pretty. i think this is the first mds card i've seen that doesn't just look flat to me. great job. xoxo