Thursday, April 29, 2010

Inspiration Thursday

Happy Thursday!  I am so glad I was able to participate in today's UDI Inspiration Challenge.  I have missed them the past couple weeks.  Here is the picture Maria chose for us today.  Isn't is fun and bright?! 

I used the bright colors, flowers and butterflies for my card.  My mom needed a thank you card, so that's where I went with it.  She helped pick all the colors.  :)   She was really happy with it, but I'm not so sure about it.  

The card base is Tempting Turquoise.  The next layer is Green Galore.  I used the Scallop Trim border punch on one side.  The Whisper White layer has been stamped with Vintage Vogue flowers and leaves in YoYo Yellow, Pixie Pink, Green Galore, Pumpkin Pie and Brilliant Blue.   The butterflies from the Beautiful Wings embosslit are Crushed Curry and Brilliant Blue.  The sentiment is from Thank You Kindly.  A piece of Crushed Curry Polka Dot grosgrain finishes off the card.  The layout was inspired by this week's Mojo Monday sketch.

Let me know what you think about my really bright card, and then head on over to the UDI blog to see what everyone else did with today's picture.  

Supplies(all SU!): Stamps- Vintage Vogue, Thank You Kindly.  Ink- YoYo Yellow, Pixie Pink, Green Galore, Pumpkin Pie, Brilliant Blue.  Paper-  Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Brilliant Blue. Accessories- Big Shot, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Crushed Curry Polka Dot ribbon.

Thanks for visiting!


4 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

I think it came out beautifully! I'm glad to see you're back playing in the challenges!

carolm said...

ahhh, come on. it's just bright. it might not be your choice but your mom was happy with it. love the layout and (some) of the bright colors. xoxo ;)

Katy Z. said...

I love how colorful your card is. The butterflies are perfect!

Karen said...

Great card - I'm sure your mom loved helping pick out the colors!!