Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy birthday, Lauren!

Twelve years ago today, my daughter was born.  It seems like just yesterday.  I can't believe how fast the years have flown.  We're going out to eat tonight after her brother's soccer practice.  Then we'll come home for cake.  Her big party is Sunday afternoon.  Bowling with 15 or so of her closest friends.  :)
This is the card I made for her.  I hope she likes it!
























The card base is Barely Banana.  (Yep, it's my fave yellow, and it's retiring.)  I ran it through the Big Shot in the new Square Lattice embossing folder (available May 1).  It's a great pattern! I sponged the card base with So Saffron ink for even more texture. I sponged the edges of all the layers, too.  The image and sentiment are from Happy Moments (retired - SAB).  I just love this cake!  I colored the flowers and used Dazzling Diamonds as the frosting.  :)  The image layer is adhered the another piece of Barely Banana that was textured with the same folder.  The sentiment is punched out with the Modern Label punch.  I embellished both sides with adhesive rhinestones from the Eggcellent Eggs kit (sold out).  A piece of Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon finishes off the card.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Happy Moments.  Ink- Jet Black Stazon, So Saffron (for sponging), Barely Banana, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie.  Paper- Barely Banana, Whisper White.  Accessories-  Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Eggcellent Eggs kit, 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way glue pen, dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

carolm said...

it's beautiful. if she doesn't like it send it to me. haha.

xxoo