Thursday, April 8, 2010

Flight of Spring

Good Thursday morning!  It's time for the 90th Diva Inspiration Challenge over on the UDI blog!  The picture Maria has for us today is a gorgeous one.  The first thing that came to mind when I saw this picture was tulips made from the Bird punch.  I did one of those for an Easter card.  You can see it here.  So since I'd already done tulips, I used the colors and theme for my inspiration today.  

The card base is Green Galore.  The Whisper White layer was run through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice embossing folder that will be available to customers on May 1st.  The butterflies are from the Butterfly punch.  They are Pixie Pink, Lovely Lilac and Pink Passion.  After punching them, they took a run through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  Rhinestones from the Eggcellent Eggs Kit (sold out) make their bodies.  They are adhered just in the center so the wings can flutter.  :)

Let me know what you think of my Clean and Simple Spring card, then head on over to the UDI blog to see what every one else created.  

Have a fabulous day!

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- none.  Ink- none.  Paper- Green Galore,  Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Lovely Lilac.  Accessories- Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots & Square Lattice embossing folders, Butterfly punch, Eggcellent Eggs Kit (sold out).

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

I was wondering if you were going to do another tulip card. I think the butterflies are a great alternative and these colors just yell SPRING! Very pretty! :)

Katy said...

I LOVE the textured embossing folder! I get mine in the mail TODAY! I love the colors and how simple you made this card.