Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sketchy Saturday

Happy Saturday morning!  I hope you are all feeling better than I am right now.  Spring has sprung and so has the pollen.  Oh my gosh.  My poor white car is yellow!  My allergies are kicking my rear!  I don't think they've ever been this bad.  Ok.  Enough whining.  On to the sketch.  Here's what Carol came up with for us.  I turned it on its side...big surprise.  LOL

I really like the way this one came together.  The card base is Whisper White.  The next layer is Pretty in Pink.  The next layer is Bride Specialty DSP which I sponged with So Saffron and Pretty in Pink.  The image is stamped on Whisper White and layered on a piece of Faux Suede Pretty in Pink.  I colored in the flowers and flames and stand, and then I glittered up the cake.  :)  The sentiment is stamped on another piece of the Faux Suede and punched with the Jewelry Tag  punch.  I used a rhinestone from the Eggcellent Eggs kit to accent it.  (Sorry, the kits are gone.)  The flower is more Faux Suede cardstock punched with the XL Fancy Flower punch.  I finished the flower off with a Jumbo grommet and a Chocolate Chip corduroy brad.  A piece of Pretty in Pink satin ribbon finishes the card.

Let me know what you think, and then skip on over to Jeannette's blog.  I'm sure she has something fabulous to see!  You can also find links to all the team members' creations over on the UDI blog.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Happy Moments.  Ink- Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie.  Paper- Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Bride Specialty DSP.  Accessories-  Pretty in Pink satin ribbon, Jumbo grommet, Chocolate Chip corduroy brad, Eggcellent Eggs kit, XL Fancy Flower punch, Jewelry Tag punch, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way glue pen.

Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

carolm said...

wow, there is so much to see on your card i don't know where to start. . . the flowers, the tag, the gliter, the bride dsp. what a gorgeous card. love the colors too. xoxo

Adriana Benitez said...

Fun card, Elizabeth! Love the cord. button with the grommet - cool!

Lorie said...

Great idea to flip the sketch! Love it!

RuthieB said...

Elizabeth!!!!! The Glittery cake, the flower, everything is just gorgeous!!!!!!

Tiffany Bauer said...

Very pretty!! I love that flower with the corduroy brad!!

PhotoDivaJ said...

Love what you did with this card! Those grommets are so great, and I love how you flipped the sketch.