Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sketchy Saturday

Good Saturday morning!   It's time for the UDI Saturday Sketch Skip.  :)  Today's challenge had a twist.  We were supposed to use something from the Pretties Kit.  It just so happens I have a pretty full Pretties Kit.  Gosh, I was supposed to be using it?  LOL  

I decided to turn the sketch on its side for today's card.  My color palette is yellow, green and white...Barely Banana, So Saffron, Old Olive and Whisper White to be exact.   The card stock is Barely Banana and Whisper White.  I stamped in So Saffron and Old Olive.  Some stamping is full strength, some is stamped off once and some twice.  I distressed and sponged the layers.  The Very Vintage Jumbo Stampin' Around wheel made the background paper.  Vintage Vogue was used for the images and sentiment.  I used the Eyelet border punch on the small side piece and wrapped a piece of Whisper White organza around it.  The finishing touch is the extra challenge.  I added half-pearls from the Pretties kit to all the flower centers. 

I am very pleased with the final outcome.  Leave me a comment so I'll know what you think.  Then you can skip on over to Jeannette's blog and see what she created.  If you get lost or any of the links are broken, Carol has links to all the members' creations over on the UDI blog. 

Have a fabulous Saturday!

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Vintage Vogue.  Ink- So Saffron, Old Olive.  Paper- Whisper White, Barely Banana.  Accessories-  Very Vintage Jumbo Stampin' Around wheel, Eyelet border punch, Pretties Kit, Whisper White organza, mini glue dots.

Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

carolm said...

so elegant e. love the flower centers and the colors are so springy! beautiful. xox

Tammy said...

Very pretty!!! Love the sketch on it's side!!

RuthieB said...

Ooooh! I like it turned on it's side like that! So pretty!

Lorie said...

Oh, you flipped the sketch...NICE!

PhotoDivaJ said...

Lovely!!

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a beautiful card. Love the sideways version and your choice of VV and colours!