Thursday, April 1, 2010

Inspiration Thursday

Happy April Fool's Day!  I hope you have fun playing pranks on your friends and family!  I'm glad I'm working from home today.  ;)  

Aside from being April 1st, today is Thursday.  That means it's time for another Inspiration Challenge on the Utah Divas International blog.  Here is the picture Maria chose for us today.  Is that chick not the cutest thing?

I inked up a neglected stamp set, Inspired by Nature.  I stamped the grass with Mellow Moss, then stamped again in Versamark to make a shadow.  I clear embossed the Versamark image.  The flowers were stamped in Old Olive, Close to Cocoa and So Saffron.  All the edges of all the layers were sponged.  I stamped the sentiment from Whimsical Words in Close to Cocoa.  The ribbon is Chocolate Chip grosgrain and Very Vanilla taffeta.

Leave me a comment (they make my day!),and then head on over to the UDI blog.  Maria has links to all the other team members there.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Inspired by Nature, Whimsical Words (retired).  Ink- So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Mellow Moss, Versamark.  Paper- Barely Banana, Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla.  Accessories-  Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain, Very Vanilla taffeta, Clear EP.

Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

I love how you added so much depth with the colors. Very pretty! Happy Easter!!

carolm said...

very pretty. the layered ribbon is great. the colors are perfect. xoxo

Maxine Conrad said...

Love it :) Great take on the sketch my friend x

Robin Merriman said...

Oh, this is so very pretty! I love how you used this set - great job!

Karen said...

this is one of my fav sets - great job on the challenge!!