Thursday, February 18, 2010

Inspiration Thursday

Morning!  It's time for another Inspiration Challenge on the UDI blog.  Today's picture is just too cute.  I went with the teddy bear and the picnic theme.  I am really pleased with the final result.

I stamped the bear from Cute & Cuddly on Whisper White in Timber Brown stazon (retired) and colored him in with Creamy Caramel and a blender pen.  Of course, the blender pen cap rolled off my desk and disappeared.  It's a good thing I have lots of them.  (I'm sure my dog will find it for me.)  I decided to do something fun for his tummy, muzzle and ears.  I am scissor-challenged, but I was brave!  I made a piece of Faux Suede with Creamy Caramel cardstock.  Then I stamped the bear again and cut out all the parts.  Aren't you proud of me?  LOL  I recreated the picnic blanket by rubbing my Real Red ink pad over the Squares Texturz plate and then running it through the Big Shot with a piece of Whisper White.  I love it!  I sponged the edges of the image panel and the 2 Kraft pieces with Creamy Caramel before adhering them all together.  I finished off the card with a piece of 1/4" Real Red grosgrain.  The bow turned out great, don't you think?!  I used Snail to adhere the long piece.  Then I took another piece and used the bunny ears technique for the bow. I threaded it under the already attached piece before looping the ribbon.  That way it's actually tied on the card.  :)

Can you tell I'm really happy with this card?!  ;)  Please leave me a comment and let me know if you like it, too!  Then head on over to the UDI blog and see what everyone else did with today's picture!

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps-  Cute & Cuddly.  Ink- Creamy Caramel, Timber Brown stazon (retired).  Paper- Kraft, Real Red, Whisper White, Creamy Caramel.  Accessories-  Big Shot, Squares Texturz plate, 1/4" Real Red grosgrain.

Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

carolm said...

too adorable. why didn't i think to use the texturz plate. i did it the hard way. haha.

great job on the cutting. the more you do it the better it gets!!!

think spring. xoxo

Robin Merriman said...

So cute! I love your pieced teddy bear and what a great idea for the background - I have got to try that one!

Maxine said...

LOVE IT :) Great job on the challenge x

Maria Williams :) said...

You should be proud! There are a lot of great techniques brought together for this awesome card!r

missy said...

I think it is an adorable card! I love bears and have collected quite a few of them! I think they say "Hug Me"! Thanks for sharing!