Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Inspiration

Happy Christmas Eve!  How in the world did it get here so fast??  My kids think this has been the longest week ever, and I think it has been the shortest!  LOL


On to the Inspiration challenge.   I finally got all my Christmas cards made and mailed, so I went another way today.  I used the butterflies on the tree as inspiration.  I used 2 new stamps.  :)  One is the single stamp, Dot Dot Dot, and the other is the set, Vintage Vogue.  They will both be available on January 5th in the Occasions mini catalog.  I also used the Butterfly punch which I have been neglecting.  I stamped the Dot Dot Dot stamp on Whisper White in Bermuda Bay twice and punched out 2 butterflies.  One is adhered completely to the Whisper White layer, and the other is only adhered in the middle with a mini glue dot.  The dots are all dusted with Dazzling Diamonds, and the edges of the top butterfly are inked in Bermuda Bay.  It's a simple card which is just what I needed today.  ;)


Don't forget to head on over to the UDI blog to see the other team member's submissions.

Have a very Merry Christmas!  I'll be back on Saturday with my Sketch Challenge submission.

Supplies(all SU!):  Stamps- Dot Dot Dot, Vintage Vogue.  Ink- Bermuda Bay.  Paper- Whisper White, Bermuda Bay.  Accessories- Bermuda Bay polka dot grosgrain, Dazzling Diamonds, Butterfly punch, 2-way glue pen, mini glue dots.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

I'm with you - where has the time gone?!?
I like the butterfly direction you went with for the challenge. Very pretty!
Merry Christmas, Elizabeth!!! :)

carolm said...

looks like butterflies are theme for today. love it. can't wait to get my vintage vogue set. xoxo