Thursday, September 3, 2009

Inspiration Challenge #59















It's Inspiration Challenge time again! Visit the UDI blog to see what the other team members have created.

The inspiration picture just screamed chalkboard to me. (Do your inspirational pieces talk to you. too. or am I the only one? LOL) I went with the colors and theme of the picture for my card. I used Ballet Blue for the base followed by a Certainly Celery layer and a Basic Black scalloped rectangle (made from the SU! exclusive Scalloped Square die...tutorial here) for the image piece. I paper pierced all the scallops with my piercing tool. I stamped the flowers from Eastern Blooms in Whisper White. I used Certainly Celery, Ballet Blue and So Saffron Stampin' Pastels (chalks) to color the flowers. I used the liitle eraser from the chalks to clean up the cardstock. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. It's stamped in Jet Black stazon on Whisper White and punched with the Word Window punch. A piece of Whisper White taffeta finishes off the card.

If you play along, leave me a link to your creation in the comments section.

Have a fabulous day! I'll be waiting for Mr. Brown to bring me my My Digital Studio! I can't wait to start playing with it. I'm not that big of a scrapbooker, though I want to be one. After seeing some of the things it can do on a SU! webinar yesterday, it is so much more than just scrapbooking! I'll be sure and share my creations with you. It will be available for purchase on October 1st. WooHoo!

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

carolm said...

very pretty. i have never tried the chalk board technique. maybe when i find my pastels i can try it. haha.

love it. xoxo

Maria Williams :) said...

Great technique! I hope Mr. Brown has you as first on his stops - I can't wait for the My Digital Studio either. :)