Thursday, August 20, 2009

InspirationThursday and a Sneak Peek!

Here it is Thursday again. The days of summer are flying right out the window. My kiddos go back to school on Tuesday. They will both be in Middle School this year. It seems like just yesterday that they were running around in diapers. Today's inspiration picture took me way back to those days. Neither one of them had a nursery as extravagant as the one in this picture, though, which looks perfect for a Florida baby!

Here's my take on it. I used the colors, theme and stripes for inspiration. The layout is SC144 on SCS. I cut strips of So Saffron, Ballet Blue, Pixie Pink and Certainly Celery and glued them to a piece of scrap cardstock. I ran the whole thing through my Big Shot with the Petals A Plenty embossing folder (available on September 1st!) and adhered it to a piece of Basic Black. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. It's stamped in Basic Black on a piece of So Saffron and punched with the Large Oval punch. It is layered on a Basic Black Scalloped Oval punch. A piece of gingham ribbon is the finishing touch.

Check out the
UDI blog for links to the other team members' creations!

Supplies(all SU!): Stamps- Teeny Tiny Wishes. Ink- Basic Black. Paper- So Saffron, Ballet Blue, Certainly Celery, Pixie Pink, Basic Black. Accessories- Big Shot, Petals A Plenty embossing folder (available in the Holiday Mini on September 1st), Scalloped Oval and Large Oval punches, gingham ribbon.

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

carolm said...

too cute. i love how you did the greeting on the half oval.

xoxo

Maria Williams :) said...

Awesome how you embossed the different colors together!

Katy said...

I love how you did this card! I am going to have to try the way you embossed with multiple card stock. Great job!

EmilyB said...

GASP!!! this is beautiful!

Thanks for the great idea!

Jen said...

I love how you embossed the cardstock like that!
Great job!

EmilyB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EmilyB said...

Just wanted to let you know that this card was the inspiration for my swap for the Cincy regional. Here's a photo of it that was posted--it doesn't show it off so well, though. It's Night of Navy, Handsome Hunter, and Bravo Burgundy. I used Serene Snowflakes on the card base in versamark. FYI--I listed your website as inspiration for my card.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1477817?&cat=17798