Thursday, August 13, 2009

Inspiration Thursday
























Happy Thursday! I hope you are all having a fabulous week! I have spent most of mine sick in bed. This is actually the first time I have felt good enough to sit at my computer. The good news...it's not the flu. I'm still waiting for the blood test results to hear the diagnosis. In the meantime, I am taking an antibiotic. I am going to try and get some work done after this blog post. Taking vacation days and not going on vacation is the pits! LOL


Anyway...on to today's inspiration challenge. Here's the link to the original post with links to the other creations! Would anyone actually wear that shoe???

I used the colors and the rose as my inspiration today. I inked up my Manhattan Flower embossing folder with Real Red ink and ran it and a piece of Glossy cardstock through the Big Shot. I cut out around the embossing and used my 2-way glue pen to add some Dazzling Diamonds on the raised parts. Then I layered it on a piece of Basic Black and cut out a mat. Those 2 layers are adhered to a Whisper White cardstock base. The sentiment is from Oval All and stamped in Real Red. It's punched with the Large Oval and layered on a Scalloped Oval punch.

Supplies(all SU!): Stamps- Oval All. Ink- Real Red. Paper- Whisper White, Glossy White, Basic Black. Accessories- Big Shot, Manhattan Flower embossing folder, Large Oval punch, Scalloped Oval punch, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way glue pen.

Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

Great technique inking the embossing folder - and LOVE the glitter on the roses!

carolm said...

it's gorgeous! ! !

hope you're feeling better soon. i've missed you.

xoxo

Adriana Benitez said...

Love the blingy flowers! (Hope you feel better soon!)

Maggie Mathern said...

love this idea/technique. Hadn't thought to glitter this rose, lovely.

Maxine Conrad said...

Beautiful my friend xxx

Karen said...

love it - the glitz is perfect!! I have this folder, but have yet to use it...need to do that soon!!